Page
of 4

[NA - AD] Open RP Act I - Whispers of Revolution

37 replies
34 posts
+38 Sweetrolls!
LlN0fQy.png

The Graylocks - Act One

Vilian moved gracefully across his inner chamber towards the roaring fireplace. The bronze skin of his bare chest glistened as the flames flickered wildly across the room. Vilian Graylock stared into the center of the fire, his silver eyes glazing over, his mind mesmerized by the crackling wood and flame. He spoke to a shadow in the room, "It is time to gather our resources, to bring together our allies. The Altmer need a ruler that can protect and secure all of the Summerset Isles, including Auridon."

The shadow glided across the room, with not a sound emanating from its movement. "It will cost you, Vilian. It will cost you a great deal." The Darkstrider did not move, the light from the fire dancing across his face. "I know."

~~

Background:
The Graylocks have been biding their time, waiting for the right moment to push their own agenda forward onto the Altmer of Auridon. Vilian Graylock believes that neither Queen Ayrenn, nor the Veiled Heritance, have the power, strength, or cunning to keep the lands of the Altmer safe. With Altmer villages being torn apart by Heritance forces and their Daedric allies, and the Maormer constantly launching invasion parties on the shores of Auridon, the Graylocks stir with whispers of a revolution.

Act I- Whispers of Revolution
Event dates and times TBD.

Event I: A Celebration in Vulkhel Guard - Tuesday 5.6.14 8pm EST - 10pm EST

Event II: A Meeting on the Shore - Wednesday 5.28.14 9pm EST // 8pm CST

Event III: A Sip of Wine

Participating Guilds:
Though guilds participating will be on a spectrum from "ally" to "enemy," I will only create a list of guilds here with a brief description of the guild. It will be the players that must deduce who is on what side.

Participating Individuals:
Names of participating characters and their player handle.

If Interested:

Guilds: Please get in touch with me so we can organize exactly how your guild will fit in, even if it's a basic, "our members will attend." I'd love to have guilds on all sides of the issue (pro-Ayrenn, anti-Ayrenn, pro-gold (mercs), pro-Graylock, anti-Graylock, etc., etc.). If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Individuals: If you are interested in participating, please leave your character's name and player handle below. I'd like to have a somewhat organized list of players so I know how to structure the events and can plan locations that accommodate everyone.

A Note:
This Act, and all subsequent Acts are supposed to be fun! If you do not wish to participate, please do not participate. If you are excited about the RP and the events, please do attend. If you have ideas, constructive feedback, or questions, please let me know.

Wy11iIW.png
Posted Apr 26, 14 · OP · Last edited May 17, 14
+5  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
4 posts
+6 Sweetrolls!
Interesting!
Posted Apr 26, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
34 posts
+38 Sweetrolls!
Anyone interested in participating? Or have any suggestions? Would love to get some thoughts and some interest going =)
Posted Apr 27, 14 · OP
0  Sweetrolls!
28 posts
+34 Sweetrolls!
The first Event/Scene, were there might be possible marks for a clever, sweet-talking grifter could be right up my characters alley. It at least sounds like something Indrani may attempt to crash or otherwise find an invitation too, if she thinks she might be able to use it for her next score, (that's money or profit score btw, lol).

As Indrani really doesn't give a two tails for whose ruling the Dominion, as long as she can make a profit, have fun playing her games, she really doesn't give much thought so I can't say she'd be a very good candidate for the a revolutionary movement. However, if you don't mind a little khajiiti flavor for the celebrations of Skywatch, let me know.

Character name: Indrani Khahir
Game ID : @thejadedfox
The thing about words is meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning. - Terry Pratchett Lords and Ladies
Posted Apr 28, 14
+1  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
36 posts
+42 Sweetrolls!
I've tossed the idea to my AD guild, and we are considering what role would make the most sense for us. Right now, we are thinking we would be anti-Greylock. As Imperial refugees, the 11th Legion would not want to see a change in leadership, especially when a change could put their welcome at risk. Offers to work as mercenaries would offend them as professional soldiers. That said, they could be convinced if a new order would seem to be in their best interest.

Basically, we'd be willing to fill a role if it made sense, and it helped fill the roles.
fb4add6626d300c5.png
Posted Apr 28, 14
+1  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
34 posts
+38 Sweetrolls!
wrote:
The first Event/Scene, were there might be possible marks for a clever, sweet-talking grifter could be right up my characters alley. It at least sounds like something Indrani may attempt to crash or otherwise find an invitation too, if she thinks she might be able to use it for her next score, (that's money or profit score btw, lol).

Of course all are welcome at the Skywatch celebration; it'll be a public event. This would be a great opportunity for Indrani to find out as much as possible about the 'movement,' and secure an invitation to a future event, whether by stealing it or receiving one.
Right now, we are thinking we would be anti-Greylock. As Imperial refugees, the 11th Legion would not want to see a change in leadership, especially when a change could put their welcome at risk. Offers to work as mercenaries would offend them as professional soldiers. That said, they could be convinced if a new order would seem to be in their best interest.

This is exciting! I'd love to have folks on all sides of this. It'd also be fun to try to convince the 11th Legion otherwise....I'll put a link to the guild up in the top post!
Posted Apr 28, 14 · OP
0  Sweetrolls!
34 posts
+38 Sweetrolls!
Bump for RP! Still looking for enemies and allies!
Posted Apr 30, 14 · OP
0  Sweetrolls!
34 posts
+38 Sweetrolls!
Our first event, Event I: A Celebration in Vulkhel Guard, will occur on Tuesday 5.6.14 8pm EST - 10pm EST
Posted May 1, 14 · OP
0  Sweetrolls!
207 posts
+205 Sweetrolls!
Spared a coin for the poor
This looks really cool! I may have over-committed my character to get involved at the outset, but I'd love to keep up and see if he can tag in at some point...

Character: Teven Birch
IC: @boycarino
SIggy_zps2fe06197.png
(NA | AD | PC)

Posted May 1, 14
+1  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
34 posts
+38 Sweetrolls!
wrote:
This looks really cool! I may have over-committed my character to get involved at the outset, but I'd love to keep up and see if he can tag in at some point...

Character: Teven Birch
IC: @boycarino

Awesome! We're excited to have you and look forward to the event on Tuesday! =)
Posted May 1, 14 · OP
0  Sweetrolls!
Page
of 4
Announcement of