Blood for Gold TESO edition.

20 replies
26 posts
+40 Sweetrolls!
Hello TESO-RP: Show

BLOOD-FOR-GOLD

RfGIMwd.png

The IC

There are rumours around town. A new arrival in Wayrest, a Breton mercenary named Felix, is talking about holding some kind of fist fighting at the docks. Apparently he's some kind of Sellsword just came from Glenumbra, they say he's been doing this sort of thing for a couple of years now in Daggerfall. Even that he used to fight himself before becoming a partner in the business. I heard he's the only one running it at the moment and it's all legal, if not a bit uncouth. He said in the tavern that everyones welcome, so long as they have the coin.

The OOC

Hello, I'm Tom, some of you may have met me in game on my character Felix, others may know me from previous MMO's I'm one of the Officers in Stormhaven RP so consider this my annual contribution of meaningful stuff.

Over the past year and a half I have both hosted and co-hosted a series events called ''Blood for Gold'' an old school, dirty bare knuckle boxing contest that was at times held as a stand alone event and later on as an attraction to larger community/festival events. Six of them in all by my last count. They always drew a large audience, we never failed to fill our fight slots and rarely had to bring in substitutes as no shows were very uncommon.

Why am I telling you this I can hear you wondering. Simple, I want to hold such an event in Stormhaven At the end of the month, on the 31st to be precise. It will be held on the pier at the Wayrest Dockyards. We have six slots open for three fights, two of which are still available at the current moment this may be extended to eight if there is a high demand for combatant roles.

IC Rules- On posters around town

Blood for Gold- The evening of Loredas, 31st of Second Seed at the Wayrest Dockyard

Ten gold pieces to observe, twenty five to fight

1) Attempting to deliberately kill or permanently damage and cripple opponents is not allowed, the fight will be stopped if either fighter appears to be in imminent danger. How else are we going to get repeat business?

2) No weapons or Magic! Punching, kicking, biting, spitting, head butting, use of elbows, low blows and fish hooking are all viable methods of attack. Axes, clubs, cleavers, knives, daggers, swords, chair legs, candelabras, farming tools and arnoured gauntlets are not. You break the rules, we break you.

3) One fight a night for each fighter, no exceptions.

4) Where possible fighters will be sized up and matched up according to their race, size and build, we don't want any stupidly uneven bouts.

5) You only have your own bloody self to blame if you die, event hosts are not liable for any damage sustained while voluntarily fighting in the ring.

OOC rules

1. Matches cannot go on forever. Whilst there's not specific or set time limits, and we hate to put pressure upon those who prefer to take their time with emotes, it's important that it doesn't become draggedout and thus become dull for the audience. We want highly entertaining fights lasting a reasonable length of time, not two players refusing to lose.

2. By becoming a fighter, you accept the possibility of injury to your character on an OOC level. A lot of things are accepted; Nobody is invincible, thus injuries are to be expected, if not guaranteed.

3. Attempting to kill and / or permanently main combatants is not allowed in the IC rules though a blind eye will be turned to some extent at times, or the rules may even be more stringently enforced depending on the mood of whichever character is overseeing the bouts. Only attempt serious damage if you have already talked it through and agreed on where your limits are on an OOC level with the other fighter. You are free to do as you like, though the event staff may take umbrage with you on an IC level, OOC we have no problem with you doing your thing so long as you keep it in a reasonable time frame.To reiterate eye gouging and the like, unless given clear permission by the other party ooc, is certainly not fine. Death also will not be accepted, unless agreed upon by both parties.

4. Refusal to listen to hosts of the event may not go well. There will be ''trained professionals'' on call to keep the fight from getting out of hand and seriously threatening the lives of the fighters or spectators. be prepared for this if you decide to disregard the IC rules and please don't feel we are forcing you out of anything, this is a sport, just about, rules are rules.

5.Who wins, exactly? Who wins and who loses is optimally left down to the combatants entirely, though methods to decide a victor include but are in no way limited to; common sense, character sheets, a roll of the dice or if fights drag on too long, the flipping of a coin. For best results I encourage you to talk to your opponents prior to the fight, don't feel that you have to wing the fight on the night, if you want to practice and choreograph your own rp fight, feel free to do so, but remember the rules and try to be honest about your characters own strengths and weaknesses.

The Event

When is it?

The event will be held on Saturday the 31st of May at 7pm British time.

Where is it?

7gy6SWw.jpg

Combatants

Akwete - Amlaedh

Kerridan - Aurelia Brelove

Free - Free

Limited spots available given out on a first come first served basis, so please get in touch ASAP. Contact me either as a reply here, with an ingame message/mail or pm directly via Enjin. If you have a spot but are unable to attend/might be late, please let me know as soon as you can so I can fill the spot or have a substitute on stand by.

This post will be updated as more information is made available.

Posted May 23, 14 · OP · Last edited May 29, 14
+7  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
145 posts
+131 Sweetrolls!
Having been to the Blood for Gold events on gw2, I can only say... YES! I so look forward to this. :sick:
2647337.jpg
Posted May 23, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
22 posts
+43 Sweetrolls!
Having spoken about this already In Character, Imperial Legionnaire Aurelia Brelove would be interested in fighting. If there is still a free spot. :sick:
Posted May 23, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
355 posts
+499 Sweetrolls!
Awh, make something like this for Aldmeri Dominion too. :(
Healing and Alchemy Services [NA]
Kaetlyn Faer'veren [NA]
The Veiled Legacy
Posted May 23, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
26 posts
+40 Sweetrolls!
Brelove signed up, she'll be fighting Kerridan our resident pirate.

At the moment there is one space left. Grab it quick while you can.
Posted May 23, 14 · OP
0  Sweetrolls!
63 posts
+74 Sweetrolls!
wrote:
Awh, make something like this for Aldmeri Dominion too. :(
lol
Posted May 23, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
355 posts
+499 Sweetrolls!
Lusos will just destroy everyone.
Healing and Alchemy Services [NA]
Kaetlyn Faer'veren [NA]
The Veiled Legacy
Posted May 23, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
10 posts
+9 Sweetrolls!
Titus Flavius, Arena Fighter, Bare knuckled fighting champion, KING OF THE BRAWLERS.

7-0 thus far. THE STREAK GOES ON.
Posted May 23, 14 · Last edited May 23, 14
+1  Sweetrolls!
 Sweetrolls!
40 posts
+45 Sweetrolls!
Aaaah! I wish this was in NA as well!
@lutetapper, Emem of the Akinyi
NA
Posted May 23, 14
0  Sweetrolls!
26 posts
+40 Sweetrolls!
Four and a bit days to go, still got one slot free for a contestant. Come on, who wants to beat on the Argonian?

PS. Come the night, if you are having trouble getting into the right shard you can contact me for assistance @TomGolebiewski

Yes, that is my name. No I didn't choose it.
Posted May 27, 14 · OP
0  Sweetrolls!
Page
of 3
Announcement of